Wednesday, August 12, 2009

MTC Week #4

Wow! It's hard to believe that it's already been another week. Time is flying by now. I'm almost halfway through my time here! This last week has been pretty much normal. I'm really starting to get a feel for how everything works here and the rigorous schedule.

So we found out this week that both of our teachers aren't going to be able to stay for the whole time we are here. We have two of the best and most experienced teachers in the whole MTC. When people ask who our teachers are and we say Hermano Williams and Hermano Bennett, nobody can believe that we got both of them. They are both spectacular teachers and very inspiring. Hermano Bennett just got a job as a seminary teacher in Coleville, so his last day will be Saturday. And Hermano Williams has to go back to school in a week or so. It's pretty sad that they have to go but it's been a blessing to have been taught by them.

We had the opportunity to chat with people in the Referral Center this week. It's a really neat experience and I love doing it. I don't know what I like more between chatting and phone calls. I guess it's just nice to be doing real missionary work.

I guess I really don't have much to say this week. The Spanish is still coming slowly but surely. Starting next Wednesday, we're only supposed to speak Spanish. It will be a challenge but I'm sure it will be worth it. I'm really enjoying my time here. The Spirit is so strong and i feel inspired and motivated to be a bettter person every day. I've really grown so much in just four weeks.

Thank you all for your letters and support! If you e-mail me, please send it to eric.olsen.mission@gmail.com. My parents will print it off and send it to me so I have a hard copy. I don't have time to respond during this 30 minutes every week but I'll do my best through letters.

Elder Olsen

Bananas eaten since entering the MTC: 76

No comments:

Post a Comment