Wednesday, August 19, 2009

MTC Week #5

Hey everyone! It's been another very fast week at the MTC. The time here just flies. Somebody commented yesterday that we have less than four weeks until we hit the mission field. I'm very excited but I've still got a lot to learn before then.

I had another really cool experience in the Referral Center last Thursday. I called a man named Thomas from Pennsylvania to confirm the delivery of a DVD. We got talking and he really feels bad that he hasn't been more diligent in following Christ throughout his life. He just recently retired and is trying to find some direction in his life. He is really trying to strengthen his faith in Christ and has a goal to attend church every week (he attends various denominations). We ended up talking for about 20 minutes and I was able to talk to him about the Book of Mormon and he sounded very interested. I read him a few scriptures and promised to send him a copy. He promised he would read it when it arrived. It was amazing how much he just opened up to me even over the phone. He was really excited to talk to me again and learn more, to the point that he asked how he could get in contact with me. I will likely talk to him again tomorrow, so I'll keep you posted on how that goes.

We got a new teacher this week to replace Hermano Bennett. His name is Hermano Jackson and it seems like he will be very good as well. It seems like he wants to focus a lot more on Spanish than we have to this point which is something I definitely need. Speaking of Spanish, as of 6:00 tonight we are supposed to only speak Spanish the rest of the time here. Hopefully this will help a lot.

I forgot to mention last week that I am no longer the district leader. They try to switch it up every few weeks to give more people leadership training opportunities. I didn't get much of a break though, because last Sunday my companions and I were asked to be the new zone leaders. By next week we will be the oldest district in the zone! I'm excited for the new opportunity to serve, although I'll be even more busy now.

Anyway, that's all I can think of to mention this week. Things are still going very well overall. Thank you all for your support!

Elder Olsen

Bananas eaten since entering the MTC: 94

No comments:

Post a Comment