Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Back in Primary!

Hey everyone! I don't have much time so I'll probably be pretty brief this week, but things are still going great here!

On Tuesday I went on exchanges with Elder Jensen. He is an English speaking elder who came out the same week as me, and he works up in San Manuel with Elder Dunstan. This was an interesting experience, seeing as we had each only been out in the field four weeks. After our first appointment fell through we decided to do some tracting. First door..."WE DON'T WANT ANY!" SLAM!!! It was a pretty legitimate slam too. That was the first time that had happened to me because even if the Hispanic people don't want to hear our message, they are very polite about it. I was kind of glad that it finally happened though because it keeps you humble. I had come out expecting doors slammed in my face and I was surprised that it had taken a month. Elder Jensen and I had some great success that day though. We taught six lessons and got a baptismal commitment!

Things went fairly well throughout the week. We don't know exactly what's going on with Reynaldo, Martin, Ricardo, or Ramiro right now. None of them made it to church on Sunday for one reason or another. Melissa was sick so she couldn't make it either. This was a little bit frustrating, because there's always an excuse to miss. You just have to want it badly enough. But.....
On the bright side, we had 10 people at church! We had the Garcia family (Ivan, his wife Anayeli, and their two sons) and the Rios family (Carlos, Anabel, and their children--Alfredo, Maria, and Armando)! We also had a nonmember husband of one of the members there (Pancho). Our lessons with all of these people this past week have been awesome! We've seen both families nearly every day, and we're really excited. The Garcia family had to leave after sacrament meeting but the Rios's were able to stay. We were asked to teach the Gospel Principles class on Saturday night, but Elder Muniz ended up teaching by himself and I went to primary with Maria and Armando. It was awesome to be back in primary for the day singing those songs again! Sometimes I wish I could go back to those carefree days, but missionary work is awesome too!

Well everyone, there were many other interesting things that happened this week but I've got to go now. I hope you are all doing well! Thanks for your letters and support!

Elder Olsen

No comments:

Post a Comment