Monday, October 26, 2009

Transfer Week

Hey everyone! This week is my first transfer week. We get calls tonight to let us know if either of us is getting moved so I'll let you know if something happens. If one of us gets transferred, we leave at 6 AM Wednesday morning. It's kind of nerve racking not knowing for sure where I'll be or who I'll be working with a day and a half from now. We also found out that our area is being split in half to accommodate the increase of Spanish missionaries coming in.

This week was kind of rough to be honest. Reynaldo has decided to go back to his old church, Ramiro is nowhere to be found, Martin didn't make it to church after promising us he'd be there for the fifth week in a row, and Melissa said she was just "too lazy to come" this week. It's frustrating but we're trying not to dwell on the bad.

The Garcia family and Ricardo came yesterday and it went really well. We saw the Garcia family every day this past week and it's been exciting to seem the progress. The Rios family seems to be doing well too. They weren't able to make it to church due to work, but I think they'll be there next week.

Speaking of the Rios family, they're the coolest people ever! They fed us on Saturday and it was the best meal I've had since arriving in Tucson. We had some incredible gorditas with a delicious rice drink called horchado. For dessert, we had a homemade cake that could have won a baking contest. Then they gave us more to take home. I guess Anabel bakes cakes as a hobby. They really are the most pleasant and kind people I have met here.

Well, I wish I had more interesting things to say. Besides our little frustrations, everything is still going well. My Spanish is gradually getting better and I'm starting to get the hang of this work. I hope everything is well back at home! I love you all and hope to here more from you soon!

Elder Olsen

P.S. Please send any letters to the mission home address (the River Rd. one) because I might not be living in the same apartment in a couple days. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment