Monday, November 9, 2009

Hey everyone! I don't have much time again this week so I'd just like to share a neat experience that I had.

Earlier this week we decided to work in an area that doesn't get worked much because it's far away and primarily white. We began tracting and eventually found an awesome member who referred us to the few people in her neighborhood who speak Spanish. We knocked on one of the doors and began teaching a woman named Eleonor. As we taught, the spirit became stronger and stronger. When we asked her to read James 1:5, she broke down in tears and couldn't speak for at least a minute. She began to expound upon the struggles she was experiencing in her life at the time and there were a lot. We were able to comfort her and show her how the gospel could bless her life. It was probably the best lesson I've experienced to this point in my mission. A few days later we were able to teach the entire family (Eleonor, her husband Martin, and their children: Alfonso, Martin, Angie, and Jolene). It went really well and everyone was excited and happy. I've learned quickly not to get excited too soon, but regardless of what happens with this family, we are all better off for the experiences we had.

Anyway, that's about all I can share this week. We have a member of the Quorum of the Seventy coming to our zone conference this week so we're all pretty excited for that! Also, tomorrow we are going on exchanges. I'll be staying in my area and I'll be with an English speaking missionary. I have no idea how it's going to work out or what we're going to do all day but I guess I'll just hope for the best. I appreciate all of your love and support! Until next week...

Love,

Elder Olsen

No comments:

Post a Comment