Monday, November 16, 2009

Zone Conference

Well, I literally have about three minutes to write this week. Things have been crazy here and we're super busy. On Friday, Elder Kikuchi of the Seventy came to our zone conference. It went from 7:00 am to 4:30 pm! He was pretty intense, but he really inspired us and made us all want to be better missionaries. I had the opportunity of being his companion for a little role play that we did! It was awesome to work so closely with him.

Last week I mentioned that I would be going on exchanges in my area with an English Elder. It went as well as I could have asked for. I spoke to people in Spanish the entire day and even taught a few lessons by myself! It was tough but a good growing experience. I just found out that I'll be doing the same thing again tomorrow. I guess that's what you get for being the companion of the district leader (he has to go out with every member of the district at least once every transfer period).

I don't have much news as far the people we're teaching are concerned. We weren't able to see the Cuen family (Eleonor) this week because they've been doing a lot of re-modeling to their house. We found out that the Garcia family has started visiting with missionaries from some Christian church as well. It was a little bit frustrating to find out but I'm not too worried about it. If they're sincerely searching for the truth, which I believe they are, they'll eventually find it.

I hope I have time to get a good e-mail sent out next week. We're just super busy here so there's not much time. I love you all!

Elder Olsen

P.S. Please don't send anything else to my Ina address. Due to some disturbances with our neighbors, we'll likely be moving within the next few days. You can just continue to send letters to the mission office address. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment